Friday 21 December 2012

Pixar Characters who should've been explored more

Pixar Characters Who Should've Been Explored More

In my eyes, there's many characters who should've been explored more, some are more important than others, but they all need to HAVE MORE SCREEN TIME. Please not this isn't in order, it's just a list of ten! Enjoy.

Stretch - Toy Story 3. 
I was hoping Stretch would have a more prominent role in the most recently (hopefully not the final) installment of Toy Story. Even though he was a villain, he still appealed to me hugely. He could do so much! As well as this, he is a great technical achievement,, imagine having to animate all those tentacles!  If there is a fourth Toy Story, I would like Stretch to turn good! So if you're listening Pixar, you know what to do.

Zurg - Toy Story, Toy Story 2 and Toy Story 3.  
Destroy Buzz Lightyear. Destroy Buzz Lightyear. Zurg was a bit of a letdown for me. I loved his look and style, but I would've liked to have seen more of him and Buzz, fighting especially. However to Pixar's credit, the Star Wars spoof was brilliant, especially when I they added the scene where Zurg and Buzz play catch. Perhaps a little more next time Pixar, eh?


Buttercup - Toy Story 3. 
I'm seeing a Toy Story theme develop. The fact is, so many brilliant characters were created, but a lot weren't explored enough, sadly. Buttercup is another example. He was very funny I thought, him and Bonnie's other toys made it high up on my favourites list. I did enjoy another snippet of him in the reasonably recent Toy Story short film Hawaiian Vacation (if you haven't seen it, it's on the Cars 2 DVD, it's worth buying it just for the short film), but I still fancy a little more from him, you can never get enough of a talking toy it seems. 



Mr Pricklepants - Toy Story 3.
This British thespian was a key point of a lot of the comedy in Bonnie's house (although his best moment came in the short film, Hawaiian Vacation, with the aliens). I do hope to see a lot more of him in the future (this list seems to be revolving around Toy Story 4 becoming a reality), particularly with Buttercup, the duo were a bit like Hamm and Rex really, only newer, fresher and more exciting, no offense Hamm and Rex.

Chuckles - Toy Story 3. 
The dead pan, quiet, wise-guy of Bonnie's room. As you can see, I'm very fond of the toys in Bonnie's room! Chuckles especially. He manages to be so brilliantly hilarious, even though he barely says anything. Best of all, he manages to even smile in the end! Thanks to Bonnie's drawing. Anyway, Chuckles is basically a brilliant character, who is excellently designed and executed.

Guido - Cars and Cars 2.
Is this really happening? A non Toy Story character on this list?! I don't believe it! I found Guido, and his tiny Italian-style tantrums, absolutely hilarious. The main reason he's on this list is because of his lack of understandable dialogue, if he could speak English, he might not be on here. But he deserves a lot of recognition in my opinion because he is so brilliant. Thank you John Lasseter for giving him to us, he truly is a treat.



Terri and Terry Perry - Monsters University.
 I loved all of the Oozmas. But I felt that Terri and Terry, although they had the screen time, didn't have much focus on them. Whereas Squishy got a lot because of his mum too and Don too with his sales and Mrs Squibbles. Art is another example who didn't quite get enough, but Terri and Terry's case was worse in my opinion. I'd like more backstory and perhaps a bit more of an example of their scaring technique. Squishy had his silence, Art his acrobatics, Don his tentacles. Terri and Terry weren't given some USP like they were, a note for Dan Scanlon.











Other considerations (which hopefully I'll add someday):
  • Luigi
  • The Tank Gang
  • Fergus (Brave)
  • Hubert, Harris and Hamish (Brave Triplets)
  • Jack-Jack
  • Luxo JR
  • Andy
  • Art
  • Needleman and Smitty



No comments:

Post a Comment